Tuesday, May 18, 2010

This past weekend was mad...in a good way.

I went to visit some family...my parents and my sisters S and C. That wasn't the only point of the trip though because S and I had tickets to see Rick Springfield on Saturday. However, there was a small problem. C had just moved in with S, and we didn't have a ticket for her. It's wasn't too much of a problem since the show wasn't sold out, and we were able to get a ticket at the box office. Even with getting that 3rd ticket, the problem wasn't completely solved, and we still had the issue that the tickets weren't purchased at the same time and therefore weren't seated together. So, I took a shot and asked the box office if we could exchange the tickets so that we could all sit next to each other.

The guy working in the booth told me to hang tight and that he'd be right back. After talking with his manager, he came back and asked for the tickets I had in hand. Then, he printed 3 new tickets, gave them to me and went on to say, "I got you some better tickets while I was at it, too. Enjoy the show," with a big smile. How much better were these tickets? Well, our previous tickets were in sections E and F, to the left of the stage. We would have been seated pretty far back, and the tickets in the exchange were CENTER STAGE, SECTION B. The new tickets put us in the center and at the front of the second section...basically second row. Not only did we get to sit next to each other during the show, we also had great seats!

Oh, the show was AMAZING! At one point, I looked at my sisters, and they were wide-eyed, shivering messes. I could tell there were trying to scream, but nothing was coming out. That alone made every penny spent well worth it. :-) Then, as if they weren't losing their shit fast enough, Rick came off the stage and walked on the tables...even walking on our table. We could have reached our hands out and touched him. No joke.

All in all, he put on a really good show, but I wouldn't expect anything less from someone who has been performing for nearly 40 years. By the way, Rick looks damn fine for 62 years old. Here's some pictures from my cell phone. For perspective, I've listed a picture of Ann first. I also took this with my cell phone, and she was only 4 feet away.

Pretty Anne...4 feet away from the camera. So objects in the image are closer than they appear.






































This is my favorite. Rick was getting audience members to sing a lyric, and the fella in the black cowboy hat nailed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment